Enactment/Revision/Abolishment of Ordinances
- Enactment/Revision/Abolishment of Ordinances
Ordinance is the law that a local government enacts upon the resolution of a local council. Dobong-gu Ordinance is the law of Dobong-gu. Ordinance can be enacted for the general matters within the statutes, so it should not violate the laws nor contain any disadvantageous to the inhabitants.
Procedure of Ordinance Enactment
- 02Review/Resolution of
- 03Review/Resolution of
- 04Poclamation &
- Governor of local governor(governor of gu office), one fifth of the registered members or a joint signature of 10 and more members
2. Review/Resolution of standing committee
- Review through questions and answers in the presence of the related officials/public servants.
- Resolved by a majority attendance of members belonging to the standing committee and a majority consent of attending members
3. Review/Resolution of general meeting
- Reviewing after listening to the report from the chairperson of a related standing committee Review through questions and answers
- Resolved by a majority attendance of members and a majority consent of attending members
4. Poclamation & Effectuation
- Transferred to the governor of local governor(governor of gu) within 5 days after the date of resolution
- Proclamation within 20 days after the date when the governor receives
- Effectuation in 20 days from the date of proclamation unless a specific regulation is stipulated
- The governor may ask reconsideration within 20 days if determining that the ordinance resolved at the general meeting of council probably violates the laws or harms the public interest.
- The resolution shall be confirmed by a majority attendance of the registered members and two third consent of the attending members
- The chairperson may proclaim it unless the governor does not proclaim nor ask reconsideration within 20 days or it is not proclaimed within 5 days even after reconsidered and resolved again.